Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Blue Bunny


I made these blue bunnies for my Grandaughters


I used this pattern
I had trouble with this pattern last year

So... I changed it to suit my style.

This is how I did it

My Blue Bunny
Crochet Pattern

F size hook
Lily’s Sugar’n’Crème Cotton Yarn
Hdc = half double crochet
Ss = Slip Stitch
Sc = Single Crochet
Dc = Double Crochet
Triple Crochet
Chain
Magic Circle aka Adjustable Ring

Bunny Head
Work 10 hdc into
Magic Circle
aka “Adjustable Ring” Ss to join in first Hdc
Chain 1 (makes a tiny nose point)Ss into next 3 stitches

Chain 6 (beginning front foot & body)
Hdc into 2nd chain from hook and into next 3 stitches, Sc into last stitch

Chain 2, turn work Dc into same stitch and into next 3 stitches (do not work into last stitch, note: last stitch forms front foot), you should have 5 dc now (this is the upper middle of body)

Middle body
Chain 2, turn work Dc into same stitch and 4 more Dc into previous row,  note: 6 Dc

Chain 2, turn work 6 hdc, chain 1, do not turn, sc into same stitch twice ( forms back foot) Sc in next 2 stitches (forms Bunny Bottom), chain 3 (tail), Sc in next 2 stitches, begin to  Ss across the back of bunny Ss to join to head, Ss into head 2 more times, (Begin Ears) Chain 3

Ears
Work 2 triple crochets, chain 3 all into same stitch, bind off pull loose end to back pull magic circle closed tie loose ends together trim off excess.

Tie a small bow tie around the neck

Finished

Pinch, Pull and Press with low heat iron to block if desired

The center of the magic circle for the head makes a sort of eye, but one can add decorations if so desired, note: I used pom-poms for tail and eye

This is a fidgety crochet project, so don’t give up on it, I think it makes a cute bunny and I hope my directions are helpful and understandable, if not I am sorry and all I can say is I tried J


I have blue & white bunnies in my Etsy shop this week
hair clip or headband








Thanks for stopping by

Shared at these fun parties below

http://www.bluecricketdesign.net/
Link up you latest project every Wednesday on the Elle Belle Creative Your Way Wednesday link party!
giveaways







monogram
http://www.iamonly1woman.blogspot.com/
Making










CreativeShareWednesdaysBecolorfulThe Girl Creative






Photobucket

8 comments:

Olga Poltava said...

How cute this little bunny is!

Also, I want to let you know that you won my doily giveaway. Please, contact me.

Thank you

Shelby Osmond said...

Found your blog through your comment! Thanks for all the tips on your blog love it!

annies home said...

love the cute bunny

Sara said...

Aww... How cute are these! I do love this new blue it's perfect for spring. Never made a granny square??? They are a little addictive. So beware! Sorry I haven't had a chance to retest the flower pattern. Its still on my to do list. Hopefully I will check it off by the end of the month. Happy weekend. :)

Anonymous said...

Those are really cute thank you for sharing.

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, that is adorable! So stinkin' cute! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog earlier and hopefully you'll get a chance to come back and visit again soon!

The Charm of Home said...

What sweet bunny! I used to have crocheted goodies in my Easter basket. Thanks for linking up!
Sherry

Pamela said...

Love this sweet bunny! I want to make some for next year. I'm thankful for my favorites files that help me remember what I want to do!

Blessings,
Pamela